Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On Vacation

I arrived in Moncton to begin my vacation just in time to join the priests of the Archdiocese of Moncton for their annual celebration of priests anniversaries which is usually done at the Holy Cross Father's Cottage outside of Moncton on the Northumberland Strait near Cap Pele. It also usually means a lobster supper. I was a priest in this diocese for 37 years before being made bishop and leaving for Toronto, two years before coming to Regina. So, due to the kindness of Archbishop Andre Richard, I was given the opportunity to share this special day and see many of my brother priests who I had not seen for six years.


Seen here, obviously enjoying this treat from the sea, is Fr. Jean-Guy Dallaire, Vicar General and next to him Fr. Guy Legendre.



Many of these priests have been serving their diocesan church since before I was ordained to the pristhood. There is great commitment and generosity to their life as priests as they serve Christ and his church. I am very proud to have been part of the presbyterate of Moncton.


And Fr. Allison Carroll, VF, EV; Fr. Arthur Bourgeois and Fr. Robert Allain, Judicial Vicar. It was a very pleasant day for me which allowed me to renew friendships and remember the many years that I was a part of that diocese.
-30-

No comments: