Sunday, May 10, 2009

Parish Visit to Holy Cross in Regina

One of the many pleasant things that I get to do as the Archbishop is to make Pastoral Visits to the different parishes of the Archdiocese.

I will preside at all the celebrations of the Eucharist on Saturday and Sunday.

And also I will speak to the parishioners through the homily for the Mass.


I also enjoy having the opportunity to have the children - who are brave enough- to come up and spend a little time with me at the end of Mass.

Following the Saturday evening Mass, the parish had a very tasty supper which allowed me to meet with many of the parishioners on a less formal basis.
I had the chance to meet with all ages at the supper.


And I had some very pleasant company at my table.


Following the supper I met with the young people preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.



They too the opportunity to "ask their Bishop whatever they wanted" and we had some interesting discussions.



And it was a very pleasant and interesting evening with the young people. I am looking forward now to seeing them again at the celebration of the Sacrament.
-30-

No comments: