Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Red Leaves and Red Lobster

Following the Catholic School trustees Association Convention in Ottawa, I was able to take a quick trip to Moncton, New Brunswick to visit my mother for a few days. Of course, one of the attractions of New Brunswick this time of year is the Autumn colours which God so lovingly provides for our delight and our pleasure. Here are some of the trees around the city I grew up in and where I was a priest for 36 years.



The Autumn colours in Saskatchewan are a bit different. The world around one on the prairies becomes muted and soft, with the leaves turning to yellow and creating a beautiful and quiet aura to life.

I'd like to introduce you to my mother, Rita. Here she is enjoying one of the fruits of her garden, in this case a very healthy sun flower bloom.



And of course, another delight of the Maritimes at any time of year are the abundant lobsters which are always a treat for Maritimers both local and expatriate. These made a handsome presence on my mother's dining room table.


But not for long. My mother, my aunt, my sister and me of course, enjoyed this gift of the sea with sincere thanks to God for His blessings.


And a few more leaves to finish off.

-30

No comments: